Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Only a few more days!

I can't believe that I only have 4 more days here in Portland and 3 of the next 4 days I'll be working!

I've been working at Tigard for less than a year and it has gone by too fast! I vividly remember the day I got offered the job-I was SO surprised! Keith and I were spending a month in Baker City and when I found out I tried to call him but he was in Halfway (aka the Middle of Nowhere) with no cell service and I couldn't tell him until he got home from work! Since I couldn't tell Keith, I had to call Sara Piasecki-librarian/friend/mentor/one of the reason's that I think I got the job in the first place to spread the good news.

Today I went up to Historical Collections & Archives to say good bye to Sara and Karen Peterson (archivist/friend). I was so lucky to get to know them and to work with them. I learned so much from my time there (about 2 1/2 years!) and I am going to miss them so much.

Ugh-sometimes I think I am just not ready to leave Portland!

3 comments:

  1. We'll miss you too! Godspeed to you and Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara! My firt real comment-thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's time for you to move already! I'm sad that we didn't get to hang out more before you left...so come back & visit soon! Have a great adventure in Enterprise :)

    ReplyDelete