Monday, October 26, 2009

Love at first site!

This weekend we went to the north rim of the Grand Canyon and it was my first time ever going to the Grand Canyon! It was so amazing!

We left Friday morning-after stopping in Flagstaff to drop BJ off-and made our way to the more remote, less touristy side of the Grand Canyon. We made a stop at the Backcountry Permits office to see if it was possible to hike down and camp in the canyon-it was-but that's for Saturday.

On Friday, once we got to the camp ground and set up camp, I still hadn't seen the canyon yet-agh! I was jumping around like a spazzy five year old until we finally got back in the car to do a little touristy driving around to overlooks and of course we did a little hike.

From Grand Canyon
I was so excited to finally see the canyon! After going there and actually seeing I don't think any picture I have ever seen has done it justice-it just isn't possible!

From Grand Canyon

From Grand Canyon
Our first day at the Grand Canyon was beautiful and relaxing-but there would be no more relaxing for the rest of the trip starting Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment