Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Finally, a little Holga!

So, I have been shooting with a regular Holga for a while now-but I had the grand idea that it would be easier to get 35mm film developed than 120mm film while we were being nomadic-so I got a 35mm Holga. As it turns out it is in fact not easy to get regular old 35mm film developed in the rural places that we've been and I have just now gotten my film back from Blue Moon Camera in Portland-perfect timing before we leave for New Zealand!! I have to say that the actual prints look better than the ones on the CD (maybe next time I won't be cheap and pay extra for getting the pics scanned in at high resolution-you live and learn!)

These are the first pictures I have taken with this camera, so I really wasn't sure what to expect-but I was actually pretty happy with the results! There were a few happy accidents of some pretty cool double exposures and the colors came out just as I'd hoped! The black and whites look quite a bit better in person than on the computer but still I'm happy with them!

Horses at Craig, Rene and Morgan's in Enterprise

From 35mm Holga
Farm cat that got very used to me petting her every morning!

From 35mm Holga
Evil cows

From 35mm Holga
Wallowa Lake and a bronze in Joseph (double exposure)

From 35mm Holga
Homolovi ruins state park in Arizona-both the view and the ruins (double exposure)

From 35mm Holga
Abandoned building in Jerome, AZ

From 35mm Holga
Ghostly trees at the Grand Canyon

From 35mm Holga
I plan on taking all my cameras with me to New Zealand (3 Holgas and my awesome Nikon D80), hopefully I won't have to wait until we get back to get film developed!

2 comments: