Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Alexandra, Central Otago, South Island, New Zealand, the World!

I would put our address too, but I honestly don't know what it is-we're staying in a small guest house/apartment behind a very lovely house on Old Golf Course Rd...if you come visit we'll give you better directions! :)

I took a walk up to the Alexandra Clock-the book described the walk a 2-3 hours and pretty difficult-which is fine, I've got nothing but time! Unfortunately I'm apparently pretty terrible at following directions (or maybe it was the book!)-I did not got the right way at all, but I did finally end up getting to the clock and a great view of the city-and the walk was still lovely. It was along the Manuherikia River-which is less impressive than the Clutha but still very pretty to wander along (yes that is a winery right in town and yes their wine is great!).

From New Zealand

From New Zealand

I finally climbed up to the clock-which is really just a giant clock on the side of a hill. I could hear its motor running while walking up the hill and the minutes ticking away was incredibly loud! But it comes with a great view of town-and a great view of the way I could have gone if I hadn't paid attention to the directions in the book and that would have only taken about a half hour total instead of almost 2 hours!

From New Zealand
So, here is Alex. We live on the other side of the bridge where an old golf couse used to be. All the houses have in our neighborhood have incredible views-but it seems their guest houses don't!

From New Zealand
More adventures to come this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment