Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Proposal

Sitting in the bottom of the Grand Canyon I was proposed to. And I said yes.

We said that we weren't going to make any decisions about where we were going to move until the drive to the Midwest from Arizona-but we just couldn't wait. We had been debating the topic for months-do we take advantage of the opportunity that came up in Juneau? Do we go back to Enterprise? Do we do something else entirely? What about just staying in New Zealand? All of this was discussed daily-pros, cons, the reality of these decisions-what to do?

Well, sitting in the bottom of the Grand Canyon at the Cottonwood Campground, Keith proposed. 'Ellen, I want to buy you land, buy you goats, buy you a house you can fix up-in Enterprise.' And I said yes.

By saying yes I kind of said no to a regular library career-but I know no one is surprised. I can't wait to see what opportunities await our time living in Wallowa County.

It is honestly so exciting to have a home to come to after we come back from New Zealand!
From Enterprise

3 comments:

  1. Good choice passing up Juneau. And congratulations on the goats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great! Enterprise isn't so far from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only did we pass up Juneau-we passed up winter in Juneau-I don't think I would have made it!! Once we move to Enterprise-in about Sept 2010-anyone is free to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete