Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Winter Projects

Wallpaper can suck it! edition

I keep meaning to post, but we have been a little busy with self inflicted house projects.

Let's start upstairs, in the incredibly ugly bathroom. There are no pictures of how this room originally looked-why document it!? That's how ugly it was. I thought I had some evidence of all of us taking the wallpaper down, but I can't even find those! There was Rich, Beth, Keith, me, and sometimes BJ in the bathroom ripping down paper, an inch at a time. The only room I had any help taking down paper, it was amazing! There was beige and maroon flowered paper, then a layer of paint-EVIL!-then the original layer of rubber duckies in sailboats paper. Why! Children's wallpaper-are your kids going to be 5 forever!?!

The walls were kind of destroyed, but we hired a friend to fix them and fix them he did.

Untitled
As I was painting this room, I kept thinking the color (pompanion pink), looked like somewhere familiar. Finally I got it, YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. The creepy bathroom from Shining (OK, one of the creepy bathrooms from the Shining)! Not to freak out future guests, that is not what it looks like with new mirrors, fixtures, pretty much anything that wasn't nailed down. Untitled

1 comment:

  1. The other dаy, while I wаs at woгk, my sіster stolе my
    iPad and tested to ѕee if it can survive а 40 foоt drop, just so she can be
    a youtube sеnsation. My iPad is now brokеn anԁ she haѕ 83 viewѕ.
    I knoω this is totallу off topic but I haԁ
    to sharе іt with someone!

    Feel fгee to surf tо mу wеbpage - augen lasern

    ReplyDelete